Fisher East, Western Australia
- Total project mineral resource of 4.2Mt @ 1.9% Ni containing 78,000t of Ni in three deposits.
- 88% of nickel metal content in Indicated Mineral Resource category
- High grade zones total 500,000 tonnes grading 4.6% nickel across the three deposits
- Mineralisation open at depth and along strike
Nickel Mineral Resource
The Fisher East nickel province was discovered by Rox in December 2012. Since then a number of open ended nickel sulphide discoveries have been made with mineral resources defined at Camelwood, Cannonball and Musket of 4.2 million tonnes at 1.9 percent nickel containing 78,000 tonnes of contained nickel. Indicated resources account for 88% of the total resource.
A Scoping Study conducted on this mineral resource concluded that the project had low technical risk.
There is strong potential to increase the mineral resources as the company follows up a number of high priority targets, at the Sabre, Mt Tate and Horatio prospects. With the Camelwood, Musket and Cannonball deposits remaining open at depth and excellent targets elsewhere along the ultramafic belt, the company will continue to explore to increase the resource base and assess its development options.
- Location: 500km north of Kalgoorile, Western Australia
- Tenement Size: 658km2 inclusive of 170km2 option
- Commodities: Nickel
- Asset: 100% + Option